Monday 25 January 2010

Like father- like son




I did this lo for Ella's publushing sketch week 2 contest and it fitted perfectly the DH and DS photos from this long South America trip they did together .
I decided to do it after the Cat Stevens (before he became this other name I don't remember ) song " FATHER AND SON " was on the radio and the words were so exectly right for my second " world traveller" son- "you are young, that's your fault.. find a girl..." etc
So he is 25 and that's his fault- going around the globe for last 4 years after his army service, living most of the year abroad, working there.. We want him home- but I think only THE girl can do it.. We can't..
So my dear Amir- this one is for you!!Love you deeply- even if you are in Colombia or Peru or wherever you are now- can't understand it from your Fcebook notes... Our only connection for every 2 weeks.
I really need to add the lirics- a bit of it for you to understand my feelings:
(FATHER)
IT'S NOT TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE
JUST RELAX, TAKE IT EASY
YOU'RE STILL YOUNG, THAT'S YOUR FAULT
THERE IS SO MUCH YOU HAVE TO KNOW
FIND A GIRL, SETTLE DOWN
IF YOU WANT YOU CAN MARRY
LOOK AT ME, I AM OLD , BUT I AM HAPPY
And as for supply list here:
PP, felt, letters and transparency- Prima,Dew drops- Robin nest I got as Rak,
Chipboard button- Love Elsy old one, the crown bard- Creative imagination- Rak, Tim Holtz acrylic , men die cut from Prima packaging and a lot of mist.
Even the matting was the " misting mask" I used here and then decided to add it on the lo.Also the canvas brackets are the Rak I got from Ann's creative nook blog.
And also the AAM current challenge was to do a lo about me with my favorite song inspiration- I decided that this one is correct for this challenge- as I feel this song is so right for what I think...

6 comments:

מימס mimms said...

דף מקסים שמעלה חיוך על הפנים !ץ
לא הבנתי מתי היה ליהודה זמן לגדל זקן
עד שקראתי את ההסבר שלך
והשיר כל כך נכון וקולע לכל הילדים שלנו
שהיום הם בכלל לא ממהרים לשום מקום.....ץ

RNBsmom said...

I love your layout! And your sentiment is so sweet and thoughtful. Don't forget to include all of that journaling from your blog on your page even if it is on the back. I met many traveling Israelis when I was traveling at that age. I hope he comes back soon. I'm sure I'll be in the same situation when my kids are older. It's easier to be the traveler than the one waiting at home.

janis said...

love your layout!!! and i love that song too!!! thanks for playing laong with us over at AAM irit!!!!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

את יודעת הLO
שלך מקסימים לחלוטין, אבל כשקוראים את הפוסט שלך, הם נעשים ממש יפייפיים!
וחוץ מזה שממש עשית לי חשק לקאט סטיבנס והוא עכשיו מתנגן לו ברקע :-)
מקווה שתשמעו מאמיר בקרוב :-)
xxx

Donna Jannuzzi said...

I really like your take on the sketch - I'm glad it worked for your photos. A very sweet page. :)

wendy smedley said...

i too love cat stevens- great page

Popular Posts