Thursday 25 August 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow

This page was published in Ready- Set- Create web magazine Oct/Nov 2011 issue
This interactive page was quite a project for me.. I did the semi- final round on our first ever Israeli scrapbooking competition and the task for this one was a hard one: use Wizard of Oz inspiration and make an interactive element on your page. I didn't want to take this task " as is" and just to use some temed papers with maybe carnival costumes, so I went to another direction.
The song quote was a main thing on this page and it's kind of a very long title. Then there was no place left for anything, but a small folded book- my interactive one on thei page.
I used Sassafrass products, Tando Creative frame and lots of techniques here:
Painting the frame and the corners with distress paint, hand sewing the rainbow colors over the page; Die cut the folded flower base with sticker and button added for the sun; Distressing and changing the colors of the huge chipboard letters; doodling around letters as part of my title; Making a book with real book board and making the cover with embossed and painted grungeboard.
The inside of the book are my wishes for my girls- all inspired from Wizard of OZ

Here is first opening of the book

And here is the second with my wishes

Hope you like this page- it was a lot of endless work  done here.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I absolutely LOOOOVE this layout!!! What a great job you did! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week!

~Ashley
LM DT member

Unknown said...

This is great. I love how you added the book at your "secret".
Thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories.
Hugs
Brenda LMDTM

Denise Pustelniak said...

Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Michele said...

I am very jealous of your stitching and the way you put the words on your page. This is just awesome!! I love it. Thanks for showing us at Lasting Memories this week.
Michele
LM DT Member

tiffany said...

wow- this is amazing, and so many details must have taken forever!! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Lasting Memories! =)Tiffany

Popular Posts