Saturday 15 June 2013

Artistcellar guest design: Dream & Imagine

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Today I am a Guest Blogger on Artistcellar company blog.

I got a few of their  gorgeous stencils  and this is already my 3 post using those stencils (I made a project for a mutual blog hop with GJS and another mini album with them). So today I  am back to scrapping and I made what I call " my light Mixed Media  art".
Just to make it easier to understand: Mixed Media is a messy kind of an  art, full of colors. mediums and sometimes you can't even say what were the products you used for this project.  I picked the " light" way: use your stencils, paints, mediums and mist as much as you like, but  mostly on the corners of your page. Make your photos and lovely papers your stars, not your gesso and  your mists.My 2 cents. You can agree or not, but it works for me  and maybe will work for those who are afraid of too much paints over their scrapbooking pages.
So here is my lo called " Dream and Imagine".
I used Flower of life stencil and Tortoise stencil.

I wanted to use just a part of those 6*6'' stencils, so I  used an artist tape to make just strips of Tortoise stencil, using gesso. Then I added some  embossing glitter over the wet gesso and heat embossed it. When it was dry I added some blue distress paint over it.




The half circle was made with the same technique: I  cut a  6*6'' circle and used the negative as my template. Put your Flower of life stencil  inside the template , add gesso and  remove the circle template. The same glitter was added over the half circle and after heat embossing I added the very same  blue ink.

 I used 2 Bo Bunny paper collections  with some chipboards and stickers and made a lot of die cutting with Cheery Lynn Designs dies with the very same paper.I made this page flat (no bulky flowers or  embellishments  were added) as  it's pretty much colorful and also it's not a clean or simple page, this is my " Less is more"  type of scrapping.
I tried to follow all possible scrapbooking rules (if there are any ...): large photo as my focal point, visual triangle of circles (upper journaling spot), birds cluster and a small part  of a die cut fence with one die cut circle and some flowers.
As  my last touch I added a few blasts of mists over the page to make a bit of a sparkle, but again not to much as I want the  paper colors to stay as is.
I really hope that you like this page and those, who are afraid of Mixed Media scrapbooking,  would try it my " light" way.
 I enter this to Scrap it girl use your dies challenge
And I also made a Bonus  project for this guest post: Wooden " Home is in your Heart" wall plaque.
 This is  NO PAPER project and all you need are 3 Artistcellar stencyls (2 were already used for my lo and  third one is   Seven Jewels stencil  ). Put your stencil over the wood piece, cover it all with Clear embossing  ink, add colorful embossing powders over it and heat emboss.




That's all . Really  easy way to make a nice gift project in no time. I also used  old wooden letters and heart shapes and added some walnut ink over to make the embossed parts to stand out. (Just mist all over, embossed parts  will resist the ink)






Hope you liked my post and I am grateful to be Artistcellar guest designer as I really love all those stencils designs  !

No comments:

Popular Posts