Sunday 14 July 2013

Faux parchment tutorial with IBS


Parchment craft is very popular in Europe, but also very expensive (tools and templates mostly) and you need to take classes to get some good results. But if you are a stamper with just a few primary supplies, you can make your Faux parchment crafts and it looks just alike, even gorgeous.

So today I am going to show you a simple and yet effective Faux parchment technique.

Product list:

Good stamp set with big and fancy images; snowflakes, big flowers, big doilies- anything big and pretty much circular will do the job. For my tutorial I picked the most gorgeous IBS Doilies set and I will work with a couple of larger doilies on my project.

White pigmented ink- any company will do, but make sure it's pigmented and not die, dry or solvent one.

White embossing powder

Heat gun

Thick vellum

And for the card you need solid cardstock, brads or buttons, smallest possible rhinestones and some ribbon for a finishing touch.

Step by step instructions:

1. Stamp a random selection of doilies over the solid cardstock with white pigmented ink. It's also possible to work with Clear embossing inks, but after a dozens of tries, I finally found that white over white (ink and powder) gives the best results. Add white embossing powder and heat emboss it. Trim to a card size you want to use; I used a scalloped card making die to make it pretty.



2. Stamp big doilies with white ink over the vellum and several times. Add white embossing powder, heat emboss them all.



3. Cut the vellum embossed shapes and arrange some 3d "Doilies flower" with a big vintage button. Try to stay in this monochromatic "mood" of blues (this was my mood as I was kind of a "blue")



4. Make a card base (again, I used a die to cut it the size to fit the scalloped die cut); this time I used a very old and forgotten handmade paper. Trim the ribbon, add some pins if you wish and your "faux parchment" card is done.







1 comment:

Nan G said...

Wow! They look like real crocheted doilies! So cool! Thanks for the tutorial, Irit.

Popular Posts