Monday 29 September 2014

My handmade mini book with Meg's Garden new kit


Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here and this is my first project made with new Meg's Garden most gorgeous new Sherlock mini book kit.
This is the first in Meg's Garden new product line of exciting mini book kits.
The papers are designed by Kerry- Jean Watson and it's available in download printable  version and in printed version I used here.
Each of us, DT members, made a totally different project with the very same products. Each of us had her own vision about the purpose of this kit and here is mine.
I made a handmade journal cover using a piece of up cycled corrugated cardboard, a piece of old trash found chipboard as a back cover and a lot of imagination...









The spine was made with a piece of a grunge board painted with copper acrylic paint. The corrugated front was torn here and there, painted with a mix of inks, acrylics and even some texture paste masking over.
I made the front title panel with Sherlock collection postcard and an envelope and added a heat embossed chipboard title.
The corners were embellished with inked white chipboard pieces. I made an embellishment cluster with  Meg's Garden vintage trinket piece that were in my embellishment bag. The golden lace trim was added over the spine and was a perfect match to the copper color of this piece.
I also added some misted into gold cherry blossom flowers.





As my final cover touch added a piece of pearl gold swirl and some more metal embellishments, such as a key, beads and a couple of chipboard arrows.







 And now for the inner album, made with brown paper bags as a tag album. I didn't add any photos or other goodies inside the pockets as this is pretty much an art piece, also it can be used as a real memory keeping album. All 5 paper bags were connected  with Bind- It- All tool (maybe my second time to use it, but I like it more than the binding rings).
For the first page I made a collaged stamped scene made with a couple of stamps, a couple of masks, texture paste, mists and inks , some Tim Holtz tickets and a chipboard title.



 Each  page of this album was heavy stamped with a collection of my vintage stamps with mostly brown permanent ink and one single quote stamp was added to be the main  title of this page.




And another page here:




One more with another quote:




This is the only page that is full of color, but it was a mist if you read the quote:



 Some more pages here:














So as you can see each page has one outer pocket where I added some tags  inside and one big inside pocked as each page is a paper bag.
Make your own paper bag album with your own stamps you like and your own inspiration, but  use own new Sherlock kit and it will make your album unique!

Products used for this project
Meg's Garden products

Much more from the grab bag I got!
Other products:
Stamps: Rubber Dance
Inks, mists, gesso: Ranger
 Paints: Plaid, Faber Castell DMC
Bind it All tool and spiral
 Chipboards: Wycinanka
 Masks: Sweet Stamps, Memory box
Other: chipboard, corrugated cardsboard


No comments:

Popular Posts